- And Justice For All - a wide array of info about the US Criminal Justice System from the National Assoc. of Criminal Defense Lawyers including legislative alerts and articles on the FBI, the death penalty and more.
- Code of Federal Regulations - materials from 1997 to the present are available on this site.
- FedWorld - Established by the Dept. of Commerce, this website serves as a central access point to business and government information.
- Federal Register - presidential documents, federal regualtions, etc.
- Thomas, The Library of Congress Public Law Site
- Supreme Court Official Site - excellent resource, includes links to dockets, arguments, opinions, etc.
- The U.S. Copyright Office
- The Copyright Website
- When Works Pass Into the Public Domain (University of North Carolina)
- Oyez, Oyez, Oyez -- U.S. Supreme Court Multimedia Databas
State of Alabama
Elections and Politics
Personal Legal Advice and Sources
- NOLO Books Online - free consumer legal books online to help you with legal issues such as renter's rights, foreclosure, small claims, tickets, probate, etc.
- Adoption.com - get adoption info, including International with country overviews
- Adoption Law Site - includes news, links, and a searchable database of laws, cases, etc.
- American Bar Assoc. Family Law Tables - Tables summarizing Family Law in all 50 states.
- Legal Forms - all kinds of legal forms, contracts, wills, licenses, etc.
- Internet Legal Resource Guide: Forms -
- Elaws Advisors - Department of Labor site designed to help workers and business find out about their rights and responsibilites
- Divorce Laws - Cornell Law School hosts this site with links to laws from all 50 states, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico
- Adoption Laws - Cornell Law School hosts this site with links to laws from all 50 states, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico
- Divorce Source - laws by state, message center, find a professional
- Divorcenet - Family law advice, links, a great resource
- How to Divorce as Friends - from the noted counselor, Bill Ferguson
- Divorce: Coping - How friends and family can help in coping with divorce.
- FreeAdvice.com - Informational articles on more than 100 legal topics
- Living Will Form from the Alabama Department of Public Health. (5 page PDF docuent)